Associate Director of Marketing
Fred Rogers Productions has an immediate need for a full-time Associate Director of Marketing who will oversee promotion and publicity efforts for our award-winning portfolio of broadcast and digital content. Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, the qualified candidate will also manage the creation, review, and approvals of marketing and press materials for multiple children’s media properties, assuring brand integrity, and legal copyright compliance. A successful candidate will be welcoming, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, curious, self-motivated, creative, organized, and kind.
The position is based in Pittsburgh and may require periodic travel.
- Cultivate relationships with local and national media contacts, bloggers, and influencers;
- Review all press materials in conjunction with external PR agency, including tune-in announcements, web and digital content announcements, licensing and merchandising announcements, and corporate news;
- Collaborate with marketing team on social media strategy and content in conjunction with external PR agency;
- As needed, collaborate with Production and Digital Content teams around series launches and promotions;
- Identify external partners—graphic designers, media producers, etc.—for production of sizzle reels, promotional graphics;
- Oversee the marketing calendar of content premieres, initiatives, and other key dates;
- Advise on trends in PR and media, especially relating to children and families;
- Inform FRP colleagues of marketing and promotional activities;
- Represent FRP at industry events and conferences, as a participant, panelist, or speaker;
- In collaboration with the marketing and engagement team, prepare budgets for the department.
- Enthusiasm for new ideas, initiative, and strong can-do attitude;
- Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to work effectively with diverse individuals, both internally and externally;
- Careful attention to detail with strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Facility with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of children’s media a plus but not required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 5-10 years of marketing and PR experience.
Relocation assistance will be available.
About Fred Rogers Productions
Fred Rogers Productions is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) company that builds on the legacy of Fred Rogers by creating fun, relatable children’s media that models an enthusiasm for learning. We are passionate and compassionate storytellers who put the best interests of children first. We believe it’s never too early for kids to discover the fun of following their curiosity. Every day, we aim to earn the trust of the parents and caregivers whose children experience our content.